ANDALUCÍA, SPAIN: Embodying the Heart of the Mystic – to be announced
Come with us on a 7-day journey to Southern Spain that is sure to awaken within you the inspiration of the spiritual artist and mystic and restore your union with nature! Join Ellen Luksch, poet, counselor, body worker and Toltec teacher to explore ancient sites of devotion and mystical power to open to your heart’s wisdom and your awareness of unity. We will embody this opening through hiking, yoga, poetry, music, ceremony and meditation
An Ancient Land of Mystical Union
Andalucía has a deep history of religious tolerance and a cross fertilization of ideas that flowed between the traditions of Sufism, Kabala, Esoteric Christianity and alchemy and inspired a flowering of artistic creation including art, music, poetry and prose.
Our journey together will explore the mystical union that infuses the Toltec masteries of Awareness, Transformation and Intent that are the foundation of the teachings of both Rita and Ellen. The Dreaming Practice from this tradition assists in making accessible to each traveler, an experience of their awakened mind and brilliant heart.
Highlights of Our Unforgettable Journey
- A day of meditation and ceremony at the Temple of Isis overlooking the ocean along the Costa de la Luz.
- Descending the 365 stairs of the Mina to the river below the city of Ronda with its Roman and Moorish roots.
- Exploring Neolithic cave paintings and the beautiful spring foliage in the hills of Andalucía.
- Practicing mindful awareness, meditations and Dreaming sessions to deepen your experiences of oneness.
- Bringing presence to the body through yoga and hiking while strengthening the power of the heart center.
- Embodying joy through poetry, music, dancing and Spanish horses.
- Enjoying the delicious Spanish cuisine and vibrant culture
- Retreating and rejuvenating body, mind and spirit in the heart of a natural treasure.
Merging with the Land
We’ll begin each day with music, movement and yoga. Experiencing the magical Andalucían sites such as the ancient Roman temple site on the Costa del Luz, a hidden cave with Paleolithic paintings, a 9th century Mozarabic church in a cave, the city of Ronda with its Mina, a forest hike among the endangered Spanish Fir trees and Jerez with its roots of flamenco, sherry and dancing horses. At each site we will tune into the mystical ancestry of this region while exploring our own heart’s call toward union with all that we are.
Suryalila Retreat Center
In a beautiful setting of olive groves, the Suryalila Yoga Retreat Center
in Villa Martin, Andalucía offers single and double rooms in self-contained houses, furnished with furniture from Bali & Morocco. The Suryalila Kitchen specializes in gourmet international vegetarian cuisine, using the freshest seasonal, locally-sourced organic fruits and vegetables available, artfully prepared in a varied and truly eclectic international menu. The excellent cold pressed Suryalila Olive Oil, which is widely used in the kitchen, is harvested from the trees on the property each year, cold pressed at the local mill, and enjoyed by everyone who tastes it! At Suryalila they offer Thai Yoga Massage, Deep tissue Massage, Swedish Massage and Ayurvedic Massage – ahhhh……!
Want to Join Us?
Give us a ring at 727-421-0849 or email us
– we can’t wait to hear from you!