Important Information for The Mapuche Experience« Back to Trip Overview
Kila Leufu consists of double and triple rooms, a spacious dining room and an authentic Mapuche Ruka (house) where various cultural activities take place. The establishment also has its own farmland and organic garden, providing fresh and natural products for the daily meals.
Kila Leufu is located in the valley of the Tracura River in Chilean Patagonia. Its natural surroundings are an absolute privilege to experience, with views of the two most impressive volcanoes of the region, Volcano Villarica and Volcano Lanín. Among the region’s most notable attractions are the Villarica National Park, the Huerquehue National Park, a significant hot springs source with many natural pools, spa services, beautiful waterfalls such as León, China, and Palguín Falls, and the picturesque city of Pucón.
- 6 nights in a double or triple room of Kila Leufu. For a single room there is an additional cost of 7,000 Chilean pesos
- All meals at Kila Leufu and lunchboxes*
- All transportation and excursions during the experience (trip to Mapuche communities, Volcano Villarica, Volcano Lanín, hot springs and city of Pucón the day of the visit to the Pre-Columbian Museum)
- Tickets for access to museums, national parks and hot springs
- All outdoor activities and exercises related to the four elements
- Gratuities for the staff involved in the cultural activities, for the assistants, translator, program coordinator and facilitator
*The following is included in the Mapuche Experience: Two lunches at KL, plus 3 lunches at various sites, two evening snacks at KL plus 3 evening snacks at sites, and 6 breakfasts and 6 dinners at KL.
Breakfast: freshly baked bread, fresh milk from the farm’s cows, homemade butter, homemade jams made from regional fruits, homemade cheese, eggs from the farm, natural juices, coffee or choice of tea and fruit.
Lunch and dinner: includes white and red meats, vegetables, seasonal legumes, typical Mapuche food, varieties of salads, natural juices and white and red wine depending on the occasion. A vegetarian menu will also be available if necessary. Please request on the registration form.
Beverages: for those who prefer non-alcoholic drinks or any other drink not mentioned above, please write your request on the registration form. One bottle of wine for four people per meal will be included. Those who wish to consume more may do so at an additional cost.
- Trips to Pucón or to Kila Leufu Ranch
- Additional food not included in the list above
- Mapuche artisanal products
- Health insurance
- Your international and national flights
- Visa costs from your home if necessary.
- Other non-included items would include souvenir shopping, personal phone calls, laundry, alcoholic and bottled beverages.
How To Get to Chilean Patagonia:
You can arrive via Argentina or Chile. The ranch is located 130 km (aprox 80 mi) from Temuco, Chile (province of Cautín), or 115 km (aprox 70 mi) from Junín de los Andes, Argentina (province of Neuquén), on a road that is 80% asphalted.
Feel free to make your own flights, but please confirm them with us before booking. If you need help – no worries, Ales in Custom Travel is our travel guru – feel free to ring him at: 604-204-0444, 866-866-5566 or email him and it will be his pleasure to assist you!
Keep in Mind:
The actual schedule of spiritual teachings and what we will be doing day to day is not published so we can be in the moment. Every day will be a magical experience for all of us, so keep your heart and mind open to the experience life brings us. Due to the remote areas we are traveling to, weather, bad roads and other unseen obstacles may cause us to make changes in our itinerary. In this mystical land, surrounded by the soft beautiful energy of the land – you can hear the voices of the ancient ones in the wind.