Important Information for the Oregon Travel Photography Workshop« Back to Trip Overview
Our lovely house rests upon a seven mile long sandy beach. Manzanita beach stretches from Neahkahnie Mountain to the Nehalem River jetty. From our house, it is a 10 minute walk down the beach to the small, friendly town of Manzanita. This not overly touristy town has just the right mix of retail shops, coffee shops, bookstore’s, restaurants and great grocery stores.
Our house is at the center of a natural paradise that includes hiking trails through old growth forests with incredible ocean vistas. Shoppers can spend time in the art galleries of nearby Cannon Beach or the antique shops of even closer Nehalem and Wheeler. The front lawn of our house is a perfect place to relax during the day or to enjoy barbecuing while watching amazing sunsets. On stormy days, you can curl up with a book in front of the fire.
- All breakfasts are included and light house snacks.
- All photography and spiritual teachings.
- Day trips to multiple photographic locations.
- Daily photography discussions, reviews and assignments.
- Personal items such as phone calls, laundering services and souvenir shopping!
- Your round-trip air flight to and from Portland, Oregon is not-included.
- Transportation to and from the house – we are around 2 hours or so from the airport and so renting a car would be advisable. We can match you with someone coming on at the same time you are so you can split costs!
- Bring some cash for any non-included tourist activities or restaurants that do not take a credit card.
- Non-included meals can be enjoyed in any of the charming restaurants in town and there is also the option to shop for food and cook in the house if you do not wish to go out for dinner. However we will be out and about at lunch time so do plan for that.
How To Get to Manzanita:
We need to be at the house no later than 7:00pm. It takes a couple of hours to drive there plus we advise you to get dinner before your arrival. Keeping that in mind you would want to arrive no later than 3:00pm into the Portland airport. Going home keep in mind we have the house until noon on: June 13th. But you are free to depart when you wish. Feel free to make your own flights, but please confirm them with us before booking. If you need help – no worries, Ales in Custom Travel is our travel guru – feel free to ring him at: 604-204-0444, 866-866-5566 or email him and it will be his pleasure to assist you!
Things to do! There are so many wonderful things to experience in Manzanita and the surrounding area. You will have the opportunity to go out on your own and explore during our free time.
Keep in Mind:
The actual schedule of spiritual teachings and what we will be doing day to day is not published so we can be in the moment. Every day will be a magical experience for all of us, so keep your heart and mind open to the experience life brings us. Due to the remote areas we are traveling to, weather, bad roads and other unseen obstacles may cause us to make changes in our itinerary.