Important Information for Prayer Beads, Ancient Altars & Crystal Waters« Back to Trip Overview
Prayer beads can be created with a specific intent – whether they are made for healing purposes, to commemorate special times in our lives, as gifts, to aid in the grieving process, or simply as a medium of prayer.
It’s important to being along some special beads of your own to add to your strands making them more powerful and meaningful for you.
As with our beading, we recommend you bring some items for your altar – this could include pictures of what you want to create in your life or of people who touch your heart, important mementos, spiritual teachers you respect, and/or representations of issues you are currently working on.
- Six nights at Akal•ki Holistic Spa
- All meals included as marked on the itinerary in brackets next to each day
- All spiritual teachings are included
- All beading & altar lessons are included
- Morning yoga class
- We’ll be supplying beads along with any special ones you choose to bring
- Beading tools for your use (unless you have your own)
- All tips for our baggage handlers (one bag per person) are included
- All ground transportation; unless you do not arrive with the group and separate transport is needed.
- Your round trip air flight to and from Chetumal or Cancun, Mexico is not included
- Other non-included items would be: phone calls, laundering services and souvenir shopping!
- Tips for the maids (we recommend $1.00/day for the maids) and the waiters are not-included
How To Get to Chetumal or Cancun:
You will need to fly into the Chetumal OR Cancun, Mexico airport. Regarding Flights: If you are flying to Chetumal (most direct but most expensive), you will have to fly first to Mexico City and then take the national flight on Interjet Airlines to Chetumal (this flight may require you to overnight in Mexico City since Interjet only has one flight a day to Chetumal). If you fly to Cancun (very cheap flights!) you will need to arrive by 1:00pm into Cancun and then ride down to Chetumal by taxi (5 hours). The taxi is around $300.00 each way – but you can split it by 3-4 people! Feel free to make your own flights, but please confirm them with us before booking. If you need help – no worries, Ales in Custom Travel is our travel guru – feel free to ring him at: 604-204-0444, 866-866-5566 or email him and it will be his pleasure to assist you!
Keep in Mind:
The actual schedule of spiritual teachings and what we will be doing day to day is not published so we can be in the moment. Every day will be a magical experience for all of us, so keep your heart and mind open to the experience life brings us. Due to the remote areas we are traveling to, weather, bad roads and other unseen obstacles may cause us to make changes in our itinerary.
On this spiritual journey our intent is to create sacred space where we can learn and share in group for the purpose of transcending our ego-minds and deepening our spiritual connections. The power of our teachings (please make sure you align with the group leader’s philosophy) and ceremonies comes from our combined energy and if group process does not interest you, then this trip would not be your best choice.