Important Information for Kenya, Africa« Back to Trip Overview
At the heart of these lands is the Masai Mara Game Reserve, widely considered to be Africa’s greatest wildlife reserve. The Mara comprises 200 sq miles of open plains, woodlands and riverine forest. Contiguous with the plains of the Serengeti, the Mara is home to a breathtaking array of life.
Each year the Mara plays host to the world’s greatest natural spectacle, the Great Wildebeest Migration from the Serengeti. From July to October, the promise of rain and fresh life giving grass in the north brings more than 1.3 million Wildebeest together into a single massive herd. They pour across the border into the Mara, making a spectacular entrance in a surging column of life that stretches from horizon to horizon! Truly an awesome site to see…
- 11 nights of moderate and luxury accommodations at hotels and camps in pristine locations
- All meals from breakfast on day-2 through lunch on our last day except for two lunches (see the trip itinerary)
- All spiritual teachings, ceremonies, and meditations
- All admission fees to the parks
- Your expert guides
- Cultural experience with the Masai Mara
- Special game drive in the Rhino sanctuary at Solio Ranch
- All ground transportation (unless you miss the group transport upon arrival)
- Trips to Kid’s Alive Children’s Home & the Kamatongu Primary School
- Flying Doctors’ evacuation coverage
- Mineral water for during our walks
- The cost of your visa is not-included.
- Drinks with your meals such as sodas, alcoholic beverages, etc, are not-included.
- Tips for the maids are not-included (we suggest you plan on leaving $1.00 USD per person per day).
- Tips for the drivers and guides (we recommend you put aside around $225.00 USD)
- Your donation to the Kamatongu Primary School is not-included.
- Your roundtrip air flight to Nairobi, Kenya in Africa is not-included.
- Personal items, souvenir shopping and laundry costs are not-included.
How To Get to Nairobi, Africa:
Please note, we suggest making sure your reservation to Nairobi arrives no later than 6:30 pm (if possible) on October 3rd, and on October 14th, do schedule an evening overnight flight departing Africa. Feel free to make your own flights, but please confirm them with us before booking. If you need help – no worries, Ales in Custom Travel is our travel guru – feel free to ring him at: 604-204-0444, 866-866-5566 or email him and it will be his pleasure to assist you!
Keep in Mind:
The actual schedule of spiritual teachings and what we will be doing day to day is not published so we can be in the moment. Every day will be a magical experience for all of us, so keep your heart and mind open to the experience life brings us. Due to the remote areas we are traveling to, weather, bad roads and other unseen obstacles may cause us to make changes in our itinerary.