Important Information for Havasupai Falls Spiritual Hiking Journey« Back to Trip Overview
This is an active trip and the hiking is difficult and challenging! We suggest that you prepare for the journey ahead of time so that you are not too exhausted. The canyon floor is flat but rocky and so hiking for 8 miles in on an uneven surface is better when you are physically prepared.
We do have a weight limit on luggage into the canyon of 20lbs per person since our luggage will be transported into the canyon by pack horse and we must respect their limits. If you plan on doing other traveling in the area before or after our journey you will have the opportunity to leave another luggage bag in our locked vehicles at the hilltop.
- Most meals are included in this itinerary and are in brackets (5 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners).
- Lot’s of snacks and fresh water available.
- All spiritual teachings are included.
- All tips for the drivers and guides are included. Please know that our guides are professional, knowledgeable and safety-certified and spend 50-120 days each year in the Canyon!
- All excursions are included and entrance fees are included for our sites.
- Your hotel room at the Grand Canyon Caverns Inn is included (double occupancy).
- All transportation/hotel transfers upon your arrival in Phoenix are included.
- All your camping equipment and base camp amenities which include: Double occupancy tents (that are really six person size tents) with ample room for personal gear and a stand up height of over 6 feet, 4.5 inch thick camp mattresses, sleeping bags, a fully equipped backcountry kitchen ideal for our guides to prepare excellent meals, snacks, bottled water and non-alcoholic drinks, and solar showers with private enclosure.
- Your round-trip air flight to and from Phoenix.
- If you choose to fly in or out of the canyon by helicopter the cost is ~$110.00 each way.
- Your hotel room our first night and the last night of our journey at the Holiday Inn Old Town Scottsdale is not-included (~$100.00 USD per room per night breakfast included) – however if you need a room coming or going, we can match you up with a roommate so you can split the cost. Shuttle to and from the airport is included.
- Phone calls, laundering services and souvenir shopping are not-included.
Please note: Take most of your money in small denominations of cash. There is a café, general store, and post office at the Village of Supai. The Supai Post Office is where visitors can buy stamps, mail letters and post cards. All mail travels in and out of the canyon on the only pack train mail delivery system in America. Every piece of mail will bear a special postmark to this effect. The Village establishments all operate on a cash-only basis. The Havasupai Tribe does not permit the use of alcoholic beverages on the reservation and drugs are as illegal in Havasu Canyon.
How To Get to Phoenix, Arizona:
Please fly into Phoenix by mid-afternoon on September 20th since we have an early departure to Sedona on our first day. Going home on September 26th please do not schedule your flight to leave before 9:00 pm from Phoenix or consider staying on and leaving the next morning. Feel free to make your own flights, but please confirm them with us before booking. If you need help – no worries, Ales in Custom Travel is our travel guru – feel free to ring him at: 604-204-0444, 866-866-5566 or email him and it will be his pleasure to assist you!
Keep in Mind:
The actual schedule of spiritual teachings and what we will be doing day to day is not published so we can be in the moment. Every day will be a magical experience for all of us, so keep your heart and mind open to the experience life brings us. Due to the remote areas we are traveling to, weather, bad roads and other unseen obstacles may cause us to make changes in our itinerary.
On this spiritual retreat our intent is to create sacred space where we can learn and share in group for the purpose of deepening our spiritual connections. The power of our teachings (please make sure you align with the group leader’s philosophy) and ceremonies comes from our combined energy and if group process does not interest you, then this trip would not be your best choice.