Important Information for the Cartagena, Colombia Yoga Retreat« Back to Trip Overview
Casa Pombo is amongst the oldest colonial houses in the city of Cartagena. Built in a highly prized location next to the Cathedral and the State Capitol, the house has an open view of Bolivar Square and the main plaza of the walled city. A recent restoration under architect Alvaro Barrera revealed its original 17th century structures and fabulous wall paintings while giving the mansion its stunning modern comfort and luxury.
Taking the elevator up to the third floor leads us to seventh heaven! The roof-top terrace of Casa Pombo awaits us with a pool, sundeck and panoramic views over the roofs of this enchanted city and the Caribbean Sea. (You can also enjoy the use of the pool situated on the ground floor patio as well.) In addition, there are multiple private rooftop terraces throughout the house. In our slide show you can get an idea of the beauty of this historic mansion.
- All breakfasts and lunches are included in this itinerary plus one welcome dinner.
- All spiritual teachings and yoga classes.
- Opportunity to experience one of the most exclusive mansions in Cartagena
- Use of the house pools and jacuzzis.
- Daily morning meditation and asana practice with Jhon T (on the days we are not touring)
- Day trip to the beautiful Islas del Rosario off the coast.
- Trip to the Mud Volcano and mangroves
- Personal items such as phone calls, laundering services and souvenir shopping!
- Your round-trip international air flight to and from Cartagena, Colombia is not-included.
- Transportation to and from the airport can be arranged for approximately $10.00 USD per person each way.
- Bring some cash for tipping room maids (suggest $1.00 USD per day per person), for massage services at the charming Casa Pestagua spa (only 3 blocks from the mansion), and for any non-included tourist activities.
- Non-included meals can be enjoyed in any of the charming restaurants in town and there is also the option to shop for food and cook in the house or even have a cooking lesson with the house chef!
How to get to Cartagena:
Regarding flights: You can find great deals with Avianca, Spirit, or even Copa airlines. It would be best if you planned on arriving no later than 5:30pm so that you could be at the mansion for our welcome dinner and get together. Feel free to make your own flights, but please confirm them with us before booking. If you need help – no worries, Ales in Custom Travel is our travel guru – feel free to ring him at: 604-204-0444, 866-866-5566 or email him and it will be his pleasure to assist you!
Things to do! There are so many wonderful things to experience in Cartagena. You will have the opportunity to go on some local tours to get to know the area, and just in case you just want to chill – you can spend time at the Casa Pestagua spa just 3 blocks from the mansion. There are many fine beaches, fabulous restaurants, an entirely walkable historic old town, Plaza Bolivar (home to Palacio de la Inquisicion), the cathedral, the gold museum and San Felipe de Barajas Castle (one of Colombia’s oldest buildings) – just for starters!
Keep in Mind:
The actual schedule of spiritual teachings and what we will be doing day to day is not published. This is because we teach by channeling spirit which comes in the moment. Every day will be a magical experience for all of us, teachers included! Keep you heart and mind open to the experience life brings us. **Also please note that weather may cause us to change our offered tours to another lovely activity.