Important Information for Bhutan, Land of the Thunder Dragon« Back to Trip Overview
Bhutan cannot be described in any way – you simply must visit and experience the beauty of the both the landscapes and the amazing people!
- All daily meals are included in this program
- Nine nights in charming local hotels
- Two nights in the stunning 5 star luxury Zhiwaling Hotel the last 2 nights of our journey
- All spiritual teachings, meditations and ceremonies with Sheri + Lisa
- All ground transportation in Bhutan
- Your local guides
- Admission fees to the temples and sites are included.
- All tips for the drivers and bell boys ($150 USD)
- Special blessing prayer ceremony with the Lama
- A pre-trip teleclass to teach the Guru’s mantra and to set the intent for our journey
- Your roundtrip flight from Bangkok to Paro, Bhutan on Druk Airlines (a $820.00 value)
- Non-included lunches and dinners during your trip to and from Bhutan.
- You will need to overnight in Bangkok at the Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel coming and going (~ $170 USD per night).
- Other non-included items would be travel insurance, excess baggage charges & airport taxes, beverages (alcohol, soda), personal items, and souvenir shopping!
- Your international round-trip air flight to Bangkok is not-included in the cost of the journey.
- The incredible spa services at the 5 star Zhiwa Ling hotel, drinks from the tea house, or any extras that are not included in our package.
- Tips for the maids (we recommend you leave $1-2 USD per person per day)
- Tips for your two amazing local guides (we recommend you plan on gifting around $140.00 USD for both)
**Please note we need approximately two-to-three days to fly to Bhutan and one-to-two days to fly home. Make sure you account for these days in your scheduling of this journey.**
How to get to Bhutan:
If you take a flight leaving the USA on Weds December 5th from Los Angeles (for example) to Bangkok leaving at noon, you will arrive in Bangkok on December 6th at 11:00pm (having crossed the international date line). You will then overnight in Bangkok and together we will catch the Druk Airlines flight to Paro, Bhutan at ~5:50am landing in Bhutan at 9:10am the morning of the 7th when our journey begins. Flying home you will catch Druk airlines flight on December 18th leaving Paro at ~10:00am arriving in Bangkok at 5:00pm. You will overnight in Bangkok and catch the international flight in the morning of December 19th to Los Angeles arriving in the USA in the morning on December 19th (you get your day back here). It’s no problem coming from another country – simply make sure you are in Bangkok the night of December 6th so you can meet the group at the Novatel.
These flights are currently pricing from the USA from $1395.00 (with 1-2 stops) – $1800.00 (for a non-stop flight). Some of you may not be taking this set of flights due your location or that you are using frequent flyer mileage (this is a great trip to use mileage on!). You will be responsible for letting us know your information so we can make sure you make the flight to Bhutan. Also you may need to plan to pay for two overnights at our hotel in Bangkok. We did not include that in the trip price because not all folks will be needing an overnight in Bangkok depending on where they are coming from. Some airlines you can use are Delta, EVA, China Air, Qatar Air, China Eastern, Air Japan, Cathay Pacific, and Korean Air.
Feel free to make your own flights, but please confirm them with us before booking! If you need help – no worries, Ales in Custom Travel is our travel guru – feel free to ring him at: 604-204-0444, 866-866-5566 or email him and it will be his pleasure to assist you!
There is quite a bit of walking/hiking on this trip – but it is not for the exercise or speed, as much as for the spiritual experience and challenge of what we can and cannot do. Level 3-5 activity rating (out of 5) due to elevation and the hike to Tiger’s Nest temple.
Keep in Mind:
Travel to Bhutan requires patience and an open mind to cultural differences. Pack your curiosity and enthusiasm, and travel with an open mind. You will be richly rewarded. Bhutan is a place for adventure, Tantric Buddhist culture and unique way of life, with incredibly beautiful mountain landscape in the Himalayas. You will eat well. We provide superb meals even in the most remote areas. Our selected hotels and restaurants offer delicious Chinese, Continental, Bhutanese and Indian Cuisine buffet style with mostly vegetarian meals.
The actual schedule of spiritual teachings and what we will be doing day to day is not published so we can be in the moment. Every day will be a magical experience for all of us, so keep your heart and mind open to the experience life brings us. Due to the remote areas we are traveling to, weather, bad roads and other unseen obstacles may cause us to make changes in our itinerary.
On this spiritual journey our intent is to create sacred space where we can learn and share in group for the purpose of deepening our spiritual connections and practice. The power of our teachings (please make sure you align with the group leader’s philosophy) and ceremonies comes from our combined energy and if group process does not interest you, then this trip would not be your best choice.