Important Information for your Baja Whale Watching Adventure« Back to Trip Overview
On our journey we’ll enjoy whale watching from skiffs, and paddling kayaks through tangled mangrove estuaries rich with wildlife. On land, we’ll have fun walking on – or tumbling down – beautiful sand dunes, along miles of unspoiled beaches. In between whale watching adventures, you’ll have time for walks along the beach or hikes in the dunes. You can also go kayaking on a guided tour of the mangroves or other permitted paddling areas. You may opt to go bird watching, or just enjoy some “down time” as you relax with a book from the library.
- Most meals are included in this itinerary as marked on the itinerary in brackets next to the date. (5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners)
- Two nights double occupancy at the Hotel Marina in La Paz.
- Three nights and 4 days at our tented camp at Magdalena Bay.
- Two whale excursions each day using motorized skiffs, each lasting up to three hours.
- Our experienced naturalist guides and cook.
- Round-trip transport from La Paz to Magdalena Bay. ($120.00 USD value)
- Baja nature conservation fee. ($30.00 value)
- All ground transportation; unless you do not arrive with the group and separate transport is needed.
- Your round trip air flight to and from La Paz, Baja, Mexico is not included
- The tips for your guides at the camp are not included
- Tips for your bags are not included
- Other non-included items would be: phone calls, laundering services and souvenir shopping!
- Tips for the maids at our hotel in La Paz (we recommend $1.00/day for the maids) are not-included
How to get to the Baja:
You will need to fly into La Paz the night before your trip begins and take a taxi to the Hotel Marina (~ $12.00 USD). If you arrive early to La Paz you can enjoy the town and relax. Be ready for your transport at 8:00am the following morning to Magdalena Bay. Going home – you can make your flight anytime from La Paz with the understanding that we will have to leave our hotel rooms at noon.
Feel free to make your own flights, but please confirm them with us before booking. If you need help – no worries, Ales in Custom Travel is our travel guru – feel free to ring him at: 604-204-0444, 866-866-5566 or email him and it will be his pleasure to assist you!
Keep in Mind:
Keep your heart and mind open to the experience life brings us. Due the remote areas we are traveling to, weather, bad roads and other unseen obstacles may cause us to make changes in the schedule or to visit different sites. We understand that if this happens we were not meant to be where we were going!
Whales Spraying Photo © Rafael Carballo
Tent and Dunes at Mag Bay Photo © Tom Isgar
Sand Dunes Photo © Tom Isgar