Important Information for the Badlands, North Dakota Vision Quest« Back to Trip Overview
Our cabin has dormitory style accommodations, a large great room with table, benches and chairs, two couches (one pulls out into a full size bed), two separate bedrooms each with hand crafted full size bunk beds (two stacked beds per room holding 4 people), and a stairs to an open loft with two queen size poster beds. There is a trailer with showers and toilets as well as outdoor toilets. Think glorified camping! We have a small kitchen and we’ll have a cook with us who will prepare food. Everybody has to chip in with cleaning up. This is a “tribal” event meant to connect us with the land and each other!
- Meals are all included in this itinerary except during the vision quest.
- Eleven nights dormitory style occupancy at the Grandview cabin.
- All spiritual teachings, guided hikes, horseback riding, vision quests, classes and ceremonies.
- All meditations, breathwork, shamanic journeying practices
- Local transport once at the retreat
- Personal items such as phone calls and souvenir shopping!
- Your round-trip air flight to and from Bismark, North Dakota, and your rental car or shuttle van to and from Killdeer.
- Bring some cash for tipping our Indian guides, and for the entry fee to Medicine Hole Mountain where we will do a special ritual.
How To Get to Santa Fe:
Please fly into Bismark early enough to be able to arrive at the cabin by 4:00pm. Figure that it will take you approximately 2 hours to drive from Bismark to Killdeer (taking I-94 W to exit 61 taking ND-22 N). Going home leave enough time for that drive plus 2 hours lead time at the airport. You can share rides if you get your flight info to us – we can see who is arriving and when and match you up if you like. Feel free to make your own flights, but please confirm them with us before booking. If you need help – no worries, Ales in Custom Travel is our travel guru – feel free to ring him at: 604-204-0444, 866-866-5566 or email him and it will be his pleasure to assist you!
Keep in Mind:
The actual schedule of spiritual teachings and what we will be doing day to day is not published so we can be in the moment. Every day will be a magical experience for all of us, so keep your heart and mind open to the experience life brings us. Due to the remote areas we are traveling to, weather, bad roads and other unseen obstacles may cause us to make changes in our itinerary.
On this spiritual journey our intent is to create sacred space where we can learn and share in group for the purpose of deepening our spiritual connections. The power of our teachings (please make sure you align with the group leader’s philosophy) and ceremonies comes from our combined energy and if group process does not interest you, then this trip would not be your best choice.