Important Information for Embodied Spirituality« Back to Trip Overview
Ghost Ranch is a 21,000 acre retreat and education center in the high desert of northern New Mexico. The elevation of the Ranch is about 6500′ above sea level and the climate is normally very dry. Be sure to drink plenty of extra water to help your body acclimate to the higher elevation. Also be sure to wear sunscreen – the sun burns very easily in the high desert. In October, the weather is spectacular, normally warm and dry during the days and chilly at night. Rich in geological, paleontological and anthropological history, Ghost Ranch is sacred land that calls to your spirit.
We’ll be staying at Casa Del Sol Retreat Center located at Ghost Ranch. This charming historic hacienda, built in the 1930’s, lies anchored under the Puerto de Cielo rock formation two miles from the main Ranch campus. The seclusion from the main campus allows for complete intimate group work without any outside distractions. Casa del Sol (House of the Sun) is a rustic southwestern adobe home with several bedrooms, living area and kitchen surrounding a central plaza/patio in the traditional style. We will gather on the central patio each night for our campfires under the stars. The Casa overlooks miles and miles of stunning desert landscape, visible by day, and is overseen by the Milky Way, visible at night.
- Four nights lodging at the charming Casa Del Sol Retreat Center
- Eleven meals included as on the itinerary per your dietary needs
- Daily group circles for discussions
- Nightly campfires under the Milky Way for sharing and telling our stories
- All creative activities and teachings
- Whole Brain Communication Collage Workshop (led by Licia)
- Mandala Workshop (led by Licia)
- Additional creative activities during your private time
- A personal Healing Session (with Teresa)
- Labyrinth walks
- Unrestricted access to the 21,000 stunning acres of Ghost Ranch
- Retreat gifts to take home with you
- Full day admission to Ojo Caliente springs, which includes lunch, entry for all day soak in the 7 springs, robe and locker
- Round trip airfare to Albuquerque or Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Transportation to and from Albuquerque or Santa Fe Airport to Ghost Ranch
- Any additional spa services at Ojo Caliente
- Other non-included items would include souvenir shopping, personal phone calls, laundry, and bottled beverages.
How To Get to Ghost Ranch:
Ghost Ranch is located 65 miles northwest of Santa Fe (forty miles beyond Española) on U.S. 84. The nearest major airport is in Albuquerque, 130 miles south of Ghost Ranch. It is approximately 1 hour’s drive from Albuquerque to Santa Fe and an hour and a half between Santa Fe and Ghost Ranch Abiquiu. Allow at least two and a half hours driving time between Albuquerque and Ghost Ranch Abiquiu. There are several car rental agencies located at the airport. Commercial shuttle service to Ghost Ranch may be available. Inquire at the Airport.
Feel free to make your own flights, but please confirm them with us before booking. If you need help – no worries, Ales in Custom Travel is our travel guru – feel free to ring him at: 604-204-0444, 866-866-5566 or email him and it will be his pleasure to assist you!
Keep in Mind:
The actual schedule of spiritual teachings and what we will be doing day to day is not published so we can be in the moment. Every day will be a magical experience for all of us, so keep your heart and mind open to the experience life brings us. Due to the remote areas we are traveling to, weather, bad roads and other unseen obstacles may cause us to make changes in our itinerary.