Important Information for our Raising Empowered, Radiant Daughters Retreat!« Back to Trip Overview
Pura Vida Spa is a private, gated, 8-acre mountainside estate in Costa Rica’s Alajuela province. It is only 20 minutes northwest of the SJO International Airport and 45 minutes from downtown San Jose. Located at almost 5,000 feet above sea-level, the year round temperatures at Pura Vida range from 70 to 80 degrees during the day with mild nights in the high 50s to low 60s. May through November is the Green Season in Costa Rica.
The resort has a mountainside Jacuzzi, a swimming pool, an honor bar, a gift shop featuring authentic Costa Rican fares, and laundry service (wash & fold – $8 per load). A babysitter for the resort staff would be $5-6.00 USD per hour (normally they do not speak English but are great with children). All accommodations at Pura Vida have electricity (including tentalows). Outlets are the same as the United States.
- Six breakfasts, six lunches and six dinners
- Daily Feminine Power teachings for both women and girls
- Sacred Rituals of Initiation and Empowerment
- Half day trip to Waterfall gardens, Butterfly Observatory & Hummingbird Garden.
- Full day excursion to the forest canopy Skywalk and Wildlife boat ride.
- Your wonderful guides.
- All tips for the drivers, guides, and bell-boys (a $100.00 USD value).
- Round trip ground transportation from the airport to the resort.
- Six nights double occupancy at Pura Vida Retreat Center
- Health insurance for 7 days.
- Daily Mother-Daughter Yoga Classes.
- Full activities program for the girls and mom’s
- Personal items such as laundry services, phone calls, spa services (massages, watsu, energy work, Ayurveda, & manicures), and souvenir shopping.
- Tips for the room maids are not-included (we suggest you plan on leaving $1.00 USD per person per day).
- Your roundtrip air flight to San Jose, Costa Rica is not-included.
How to get to Costa Rica:
Please note, we suggest making sure your reservation to San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO) arrives no later than 5:00pm on August 5th and on the 11th of August, do try to leave no earlier than 10:00 am if possible.
Feel free to make your own flights, but please confirm them with us before booking. If you need help – no worries, Ales in Custom Travel is our travel guru – feel free to ring him at: 604-204-0444, 866-866-5566 or email him and it will be his pleasure to assist you!
Keep in Mind:
The actual schedule of teachings and what we will be doing day to day is not published so we can be in the moment and respond to the groups needs. Every day will be a magical experience for all of us, so keep your heart and mind open to the experience life brings us. Due to the remote areas we are traveling to, weather, bad roads and other unseen obstacles may cause us to make changes in our itinerary.