Important Information for our Chichen Itza Shamanic Journey« Back to Trip Overview
Among the distinguishing attractions of the State of Yucatan are the cenotes, from the Mayan word dzonot, meaning “cavity of water.” Cenotes are unique formations in the world, since besides being the most important source of fresh water in the forest, they were also sacred places for the Maya, representing the entrance to the spiritual underworld.
- Five nights at the lovely Hotel Okaan Retreat Center
- Fifteen delicious meals as indicated on the itinerary
- Daily group circles
- Shamanic program and ceremonies (**please note that this is an intensive program!)
- Admission to the sacred site of Chichen Itza
- Admission to the sacred site of Ek Balam
- Visit to a local Cenote (Dzinup or Yodzondot)
- Health insurance
- Personal items such as phone calls, laundering services and souvenir shopping!
- Tips for the hotel staff are not-included. They work hard to serve you and we suggest you put aside ~$65.00 for them.
- If you want to go back to Chichen Itza on your own in your free time you would need to purchase a ticket (around $15.00 USD).
- Your round-trip air flight to Cancun, Mexico is not-included.
- There will be an optional Ayahuasca Plant Medicine Ceremony if you are interested ($100 USD per person).
- Transportation to and from the Cancun airport is not-included (see below).
How to get to Chichen Itza:
It would be great if everyone could plan to arrive at the Cancun Airport by 3:00pm, then we can all transport from the airport to or retreat center together. Upon making your flight arrangements, please forward them us to coordinate your airport pick-ups and departures. A van which holds 1 to 7 people costs around $220.00 USD. So if the van is full it would be around $30.00 per person each way without a tip. If most of the group arrives around the same times we can match up up to share in a van to keep the costs down.
Feel free to make your own flights, but please confirm them with us before booking. If you need help – no worries, Ales in Custom Travel is our travel guru – feel free to ring him at: 604-204-0444, 866-866-5566 or email him and it will be his pleasure to assist you!
Keep in Mind:
The actual schedule of spiritual teachings and what we will be doing day to day is not published so we can be in the moment. Every day will be a magical experience for all of us, so keep your heart and mind open to the experience life brings us. Due to the remote areas we are traveling to, weather, bad roads and other unseen obstacles may cause us to make changes in our itinerary.
On this spiritual journey our intent is to create sacred space where we can learn and share in group for the purpose of transcending our ego-minds and deepening our spiritual connections. The power of our teachings (please make sure you align with the group leader’s philosophy) and ceremonies comes from our combined energy and if group process does not interest you, then this trip would not be your best choice.