Important Information for our Big Sur Artist Painting Retreat« Back to Trip Overview
We’re honored to have you join us on this exciting creative adventure! Feel free to bring materials you feel comfortable with or new materials that you’d like to explore such as watercolor, gouache and acrylic (no oil paints please). For field trip sketching you may enjoy using the watersoluble crayons or pencils. A suggested materials list will be sent upon registration. Don’t be shy! No experience necessary – all levels of experience welcome!
- Special exercises for accessing your inner creativity
- Demonstrations of various art media
- Discussions of color theory and composition
- Field trips into Big Sur for thumbnail sketching
- Indoor studio classes for discussion & sharing
- All spiritual and shamanic teachings by Linda Jacobson are included.
- All meditations and guided imagery
- One-on-one guidance designed to unfold your personal creative vision
- Three nights at the charming Big Sur Lodge!
- Meals are not-included, but our hotel does have a restaurant.
- Your art supplies are not-included (list will supplied upon registration)
- Your round-trip air flight to and from San Jose or Monterey, California.
- Your car rental or shuttle service to the hotel.
- Your phone calls, laundering services and souvenir shopping are not-included.
How To Get to Big Sur:
You can fly into either San Jose (SJC) Airport which is approximately 120 miles from Big Sur, or the Monterey (MRY) Airport, which is approximately 30 miles from Big Sur Valley. Please make sure you time your arrival so that you can be at the hotel on the 17th by dinner time. Check the shuttle times before making your flights! Going home on May 20th, please do not schedule your flight to leave before noon because you must be at the airport two hours before – plus you need time to transport to the airport. Need more info? The Big Sur Chamber of Commerce has all the phone numbers and resources you could possibly need!
Big Sur Lodge is located 150 miles south of San Francisco and 311 miles north of Los Angeles located on the coast of Central California between San Luis Obispo and Monterey. It is only accessible from Highway 1. If you need help – no worries, Ales in Custom Travel is our travel guru – feel free to ring him at: 604-204-0444, 866-866-5566 or email him and it will be his pleasure to assist you!
Keep in Mind:
The actual schedule of spiritual teachings and what we will be doing day to day is not published so we can be in the moment. Every day will be a magical experience for all of us, so keep your heart and mind open to the experience life brings us. Due to the remote areas we are traveling to, weather, bad roads and other unseen obstacles may cause us to make changes in our itinerary.