PERU: Ayahuasca & Ayni in the Andes with Dennis McKenna – To be announced
We invite you to join us in Peru for a very special Ayahuasca & Ayni in the Andes program. We are honored and excited to present this special ayahuasca gathering – featuring three transformative ayahuasca ceremonies and a series of fascinating lectures by the well-known ethnobotanist Dennis McKenna, PhD – all in the luxurious rejuvenating spa environment of Willka T’ika Guesthouse.
With such a successful, fulfilling experience at our first ayahuasca conference in June 2012, demand has brought us back to offer this unique retreat that is designed to give the participant a holistic experience with various lectures and three ceremonies. Both Dennis and our Peruvian ayahuascero are dedicated to the practice, academic studies, teaching and healing benefits offered by this amazing plant. They will be available to discuss the plant and the ceremonies from their personal perspectives.
January 6-16th, 2016 includes a special pre-conference excursion to Cusco and Machu Picchu. January 9-16th will include the Ayahuasca Conference and optional visits to P’isaq, Ollantaytampu, the Urubamba local market, and the Maras Salt Farms.
**THIS IS A VERY POPULAR TRIP AND ALWAYS SELLS OUT EARLY – register now!
Informed by over 30 years of research experience in the field of ethnopharmacology, some of the subjects Dr. McKenna can talk about may include:
- An overview of ayahuasca – its botany, chemistry, pharmacology, and its traditional uses.
- The Hoasca Project: A discussion of our biomedical study of ayahuasca with the UDV church in Manaus, Brazil in 1993. Includes discussions of its therapeutic applications in treatment of addictions and depression and some of the regulatory challenges needed for FDA approval of clinical studies with this plant medicine.
- Future Foods and Medicines from the Forest Primeval. Discussion of the importance of preserving Amazonian biodiversity as a source of new medicines and foods.
- Shamanic Medicines – an overview of the major psychedelic plants and fungi used in shamanic practices. Includes discussions of their botany, chemistry, pharmacology and current ‘state of the art’ research on their therapeutic applications.
- Plant-Human Co-evolution and the Origins of the Human Imagination. Semi-speculative talk about the role played by neuroactive plants and fungi in the evolution of consciousness, language, human cognition, and culture.
Ayni is the traditional Andean practice of reciprocity. We’ll work with the Mother Plant in the form of ayni – first, you must give to the plant, to gain from it. What you ask for must come from the heart.
Willka T’ika a piece of Heaven on Earth
Experience this transformational retreat and conference featuring three ceremonial offerings at the luxury Willka T’ika Guesthouse in the Sacred Valley. Designed as a modern spiritual and yoga retreat center, Willka T’ika is a true sanctuary, featuring breathtaking gardens and guest cottages built out of earth materials. Amenities include indoor meditation rooms, solar-heated floral medicinal baths, healing massage and spa sessions, and a healing room with a crystal bed sent by John of God from Brazil.
Want to Join Us?
Questions? Give us a ring at 727-421-0849, 866-866-5566 or email us – we can’t wait to hear from you!