Important Information for Awaken in the Andes« Back to Trip Overview
Early arrival in Cusco: For those who wish to arrive a day early to acclimate to the 11,000ft altitude, to rest and regroup, an extra night at our Cusco hotel near the main plaza can be added.
Weather: April is fall in Peru, when days are mostly sunny around 70 degrees F. There may be welcome light rain in early mornings or at night. When the sun goes down, the temperature drops and warm layers are necessary. Bring a rain jacket or poncho. When it rains, it does not last long and the sun will always come out during the day making everything sparkle.
- Six nights accommodations at the exquisite Willka T’ika resort in the Sacred Valley.
- Three healthy, organic gourmet vegetarian meals, with raw, vegan and wheat-free options served each day while at Willka T’ika.
- Optional morning yoga sessions offered while at Willka T’ika.
- Garden meditations and optional hikes into the valleys surrounding Willka T’ika.
- Two nights in Cusco and one night in Aguas Caliente.
- Two day ticket to Machu Picchu, guided tour first day, second day free-day, round trip tourist train.
- Exploration of mysterious ancient cities and temples Korikancha Temple, Tipon, P’isaq, & Saksaywaman.
- All entry fees and transportation for the included visits on our itinerary.
- Participation in an ancient Incan ceremony with an authentic practicing pakko, Qero healer, who offer traditional coca leaf readings and personal healing.
- Visit to an isolated mountain Experience the heartfelt practice of ayni, Andean reciprocity and interactive activities with the students.
**Willka T’ika Children’s Fund (WTCF) 501(c)(3) nonprofit, assisting over 700 Quechua students from four isolated subsistence-farming communities. The Chaskinawasi cottage offers unique quality jewelry, crafts and exclusive Willka T’ika products. Sales support local artists and the mission of the WTCF.
- Your international round-trip air flight is not-included in the cost of the journey.
- Your internal round-trip flight from Lima to Cusco is not-included.
- Please allow between $10-$20 per meal for the meals not included in the itinerary
- Additional spa and sacred bath services at Willka T’ika are not-included.
- Individual participant transfers and additional services not listed in this itinerary. Early individual departure for Cusco airport may necessitate additional transfer fee.
- Tipping to all service providers, healers, drivers, porters and Willka T’ika staff is approximately $10/person/day of your program: $100 per participant. Place this amount in cash in an envelope with your name and hand this to your guide on the first day. Throughout the program, she tips providers on your behalf.
Tip for group guide: It is customary for each group to tip their guide (who will be with the group the entire time) at the end of the program. Past participants comment on how much the guide enhances the journey. The amount of this tip is entirely at the group’s discretion.
- Other non-included items would include souvenir shopping, personal phone calls, laundry, alcoholic and bottled beverages.
- You may have to pay an international ticket tax if it is not built into your ticket price(approximately $30.00 USD)
- Late addition: 45 days or less before the start date of the program, a $100 late-add fee applies.
How To Get to Peru:
We suggest the American Airlines flight leaving Miami at 11:25 pm arriving in Lima at 4:00 am. This is an overnight flight. Then you’ll be catching a morning flight to Cusco. Departing you’ll be catching the flight from Cusco in the late afternoon to Lima and then we’ll be taking the AA flight departing Lima around 11:25 pm arriving back in Miami at 6:00 am the following day. If by some chance you absolutely do not want to take that overnight flight – you are more than welcome to take the day time flight and we can get you a room at the Lima airport so you can start your journey fresh the next day. It’s just that you’ll have to pay for a hotel room for that night (we’re happy to make that reservation for you).
Feel free to make your own flights, but please confirm them with us before booking. If you need help – no worries, Ales in Custom Travel is our travel guru – feel free to ring him at: 604-204-0444, 866-866-5566 or email him and it will be his pleasure to assist you!
Keep in Mind:
The actual schedule of spiritual teachings and what we will be doing day to day is not published so we can be in the moment. Every day will be a magical experience for all of us, so keep your heart and mind open to the experience life brings us. Due to the remote areas we are traveling to, weather, bad roads and other unseen obstacles may cause us to make changes in our itinerary. In this mystical land, surrounded by the soft beautiful energy of the Apus, spirits of the Andes mountains, valleys, rivers, ancient energetic sites, and the gentle hearts of the Peruvian people – you can hear the voices of the ancient ones in the wind.