Important Information for Angkor Wat, Cambodia« Back to Trip Overview
Our home away from home in Cambodia is the Siddharta Boutique Hotel. It has a large saltwater pool in a tropical garden, sitting area on the huge terrace and a restaurant with views over the Cambodian countryside to watch unforgettable sunsets. Each room has also its private terrace overlooking the garden and the swimming pool and an iPod station. Located off the beaten path in a quiet neighborhood, the hotel has tuk-tuk service available for your use to explore town or the market.
- All breakfasts are included in this itinerary and 3 dinners. But if you eat lunch and dinner at any of the local restaurants, you may need to pay in cash so plan accordingly!
- 11 nights at the hotel double occupancy
- Daily Sangha (gathering) with David Ault
- Traditional Khmer dinner & show
- All day tour of Angkor Wat
- Helping in the schools with the children
- Helping in creating new wells
- Connecting with the local villages & learning about them
- The hotel will pick you up from the airport and drop you off.
- All transportation each day by mini bus to the school or included tours
- Your round trip air flight to and from Siem Reap is not-included
- Your visa upon entering Cambodia ~$35 USD
- Tips for our bus drivers and guide ~$50 USD
- Extra donations and tips you personally would like to give
- Other non-included items would be: phone calls, laundering services and souvenir shopping!
- Tips for the maids (we recommend $1.00 USD per person per day for the maids)
How To Get to Siem Reap:
For those departing from Atlanta (ATL) one of the best option would be to take Korean Air flight 36 departing at 12:20pm on January 18th arriving in Seoul, Korea (ICN) on January 19th at 5:40pm. You will then transfer to Korean Air flight 687 departing Seoul, Korea (ICN) at 6:30pm arriving in Siem Reap, Cambodia (REP) at 10:15pm on January 19th. It really does not matter what flights you take as long as you are ready to begin the trip with us the morning of January 20th.
Going home: We’ll be taking Korean Air flight 688 departing Siem Reap, Cambodia (REP) at 11:15pm on January 30th arriving in Seoul, Korea (ICN) on January 31st at 6:10am. You will then transfer to Korean Air flight 35 departing Seoul, Korea (ICN) at 9:35am arriving in Atlanta (ATL) at 9:10am on January 31st. This flight combination is approximately $1850.00 USD round-trip from Atlanta, GA at this time. You are free to leave anytime the day of January 30th.
Feel free to make your own flights, but please confirm them with us before booking. If you need help – no worries, Ales in Custom Travel is our travel guru – feel free to ring him at: 1866 866 5566 or email him and it will be his pleasure to assist you!
Regarding your Visa:
Please go online and apply for your visa for Cambodia at: https://www.evisa.gov.kh/ You are going to need a passport picture of yourself in JPEG form to upload for the application. It will cost $37.00 which you can do right online. It is quite easy! If you’re not in the mood to go online, you can purchase your visa in the airport in Siem Reap but you must have exactly $30.00 USD! It will take you around 25 minutes, you will pay your fee and then wait a bit and then pick up your visa and then go and get your luggage. Simple.
Got Your Shots?
CDC Recommendations: Interesting, Malaria which is present throughout the country, is not found at the temple complex at Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh, or around Lake Tonle Sap. Always recommended are: being up to date on your measles/mumps/rubella (MMR) vaccine, diphtheria/pertussis/tetanus (DPT) vaccine, and poliovirus vaccine. Great to have your Hepatitis A & B series. Typhoid is highly recommended. Japanese encephalitis and rabies are optional but I suggest you ask your travel physician.